Russia’s ongoing war in Ukraine could last for years, said Jens Stoltenberg, secretary general of the Western military alliance NATO.
He added that the supply of sophisticated weapons to the Ukrainian army would increase the chances of liberating the Donbass region from Russian control.
He told a German weekly on Saturday (June 18th). The news agency Reuters reported this information in a report on Sunday (June 19).
Jens Stoltenberg said: “We must be prepared for this war to last for many years. We should not stop supporting Ukraine. Even if it costs a lot to help, not yet. “Not only for the military aid, but also for increasing the cost of fuel and food.”
Earlier this week, Stoltenberg said a NATO summit would be held in Madrid, Spain, later this month. There, the agency is expected to agree on a support package for Ukraine.
And that would help Ukraine move from old Soviet-era weapons to modern NATO-assisted weapons.
Ukraine has vowed to win the war against Moscow on Saturday (June 16th), Reuters reports. Currently, both sides are fighting near a major city in eastern Ukraine, and in addition to that city,
several other areas in the Danbas region have come under Russian shelling and missile attacks.
Russia, meanwhile, has spoken out against foreign mercenaries killed in the ongoing war in Ukraine. Russia said on Friday (June 18th) that nearly 2,000 foreign troops had killed in the war in Ukraine. Russia’s Defense Ministry said in a statement that 6,956 mercenaries and weapons experts from 64 countries had traveled to Ukraine on Russia’s behalf. Of these, 1,958 were killed. In addition, 1,089 fighters have left Ukraine.
Now 3 thousand 221 mercenaries are alive.
It is to be noted that on February 24, the Russian troops started a military operation in Ukraine. Russia’s armed forces were the first in Europe after Second World War to launch an attack on Ukraine everywhere. The bomber struck very quickly fron of a Russian military base.
- Russia, meanwhile, claimed that a NATO arsenal has destroyed in Ukraine. The Russian Defense Ministry released a video on Wednesday (June 15th).
- Russia claims that the NATO arsenal near the Poland border destroyed in a Russian attack. Meanwhile, Russian forces have called for the surrender of Ukrainian troops fighting in Severodnetsk.
- Russia is strengthening its position to take control of eastern Ukraine. Russian forces have taken control of 70 percent of Severodonetsk. Russia has called for the surrender of arms to Ukrainian troops stranded at a chemical plant today.
The governor of Luhansk claims that thousands of civilians trapped in Severodnetsk. They are not getting a chance to get out due to the continuous shelling.
Many of them have taken shelter in bunkers under the chemical factory till today. However, it is a matter of concern that food and water supplies have reduced and there is no adequate sanitation. This can spread the disease.🔱