Top official of JKG Health Care in the case of cheating coronavirus sample test. The court has fixed July 19 for the verdict in the case of six people including Sabrina Chowdhury.
Dhaka Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Tofazzal Hossain set the date for the verdict on Wednesday (June 29th).
- Special Public Prosecutor Azad Rahman, the state’s lawyer, said,
- “The arguments between the state and the accused ended on June 20.
- Sabrina’s lawyer Pranab Kanti told the court that she could not cross-examine one of the witnesses in the case. He requested to questioned again.
- The court granted it and fixed today as the day of interrogation. Sabrina’s lawyer interrogated her that day.
- The court then fixed July 19 for the verdict. Hopefully, the verdict will give the maximum punishment to the accused. ‘
Defendants say the state failed to prove the allegations against the defendants. So they will released.
On May 11, the accused pleaded not guilty and demanded justice. Earlier, the testimony of the case ended on April 20.
The court heard the testimony of 28 out of 40 witnesses in the chargesheet.
After collecting samples for identification of corona in different parts of the country including Dhaka,
Dr. reported to 28,000 people without testing it.
Sabrina and her husband’s organization JKG Healthcare. Most of it considered fake. The company sealed on June 23, 2020.
Later a case filed against them at Tejgaon police station.
Later on August 5, DB police inspector Liakat Ali filed a chargesheet in the case at the Dhaka CMM court.
On August 20, 2020, the court started the trial by forming charges against 8 accused including Sabrina.
The other accused in the chargesheet are- Dr. Sabrina’s husband Ariful Chowdhury, Saeed Chowdhury,
Humayun Kabir and his wife Tanzina Patwari, JKG Healthcare executive officer Shafiqul Islam,
Jebunnesa Rima and Biplob Das, the owners of the company’s trade licenses. They are all in jail.🔱