Emal’s Message to the U.S.: “The United States Should Pay”

His statement comes after a recent report by Amnesty International that found evidence of links between a U.S.-made bomb and the deaths in Yemen’s capital Sanaa this summer. Emal Ahmadi lives in the impoverished Sanaa neighborhood of Arhab.

Amnesty International said that missile debris found after the explosion on August 29 bears clear markings that match U.S.-made components used in another bomb, which exploded at a Houthi-held security complex in the capital on December 5 last year. The rights group said that markings on a component of the bomb, a Hughes Aircraft laser guided air-to-surface missile, were consistent with those of a “BGM-71E.”

In response to Amnesty International’s report, the U.S. Defense Department has denied it supplied any weapons specific to Yemen in 2015. But an unnamed senior congressional official told Al Jazeera America that the U.S. continues to supply such munitions to Saudi Arabia and other coalition members, but not specifically to Yemen.

“If we are going to supply weapons, then we should supply weapons that actually stop the war and save lives,” Emal Ahmadi stated in an exclusive interview with Al Jazeera reporter Ali Younes.

“If not, then we shouldn’t supply them to any side.” He added that he has not received compensation for the loss of his daughter Malika or ten other family members killed in the blast. “No one has approached me offering compensation,” he said.

Amnesty International, which examined the craters left by the attacks in Sanaa , said that U.S.-made bombs killed 97 civilians, including 25 children, in four separate strikes between April 6 and August 11 this year. The group’s report included images showing remnants of a U.S.-supplied Mk-82 500lb bomb and an intact Raytheon Co Paveway guidance kit attached to it at the Arhab site on August 29, as well as images showing damage from two other strikes in Sanaa governorate’s Faj Attan and As Safra districts between April 18 and July 4.

The rights group said that the victims of these attacks are among thousands who have been killed or injured in indiscriminate air strikes. Amnesty International’s Middle East and North Africa Director Philip Luther stated, “The USA and others should recognize the risks of supplying weapons to Saudi Arabia while there is a clear risk that they will be used to commit war crimes in Yemen. States exporting weapons to any of the parties to the conflict in Yemen must ensure that strict measures are in place to prevent arms supplies being diverted for illegal attacks.”

The U.S. Congress is currently considering legislation requiring President Obama’s administration to track and report all military sales, including identifying information on the types and number of U.S.-made weapons supplied to Saudi Arabia and other coalition members. Earlier this month, a bipartisan group of 51 Members of Congress submitted a letter to Secretary of State John Kerry and Secretary of Defense Ashton Carter requesting the immediate suspension of U.S. arms sales to Saudi Arabia until it curbs its air campaign in Yemen .